I’ve finally got a start on the felt part of my collaborative project with my son. He, of course, has his end of things well in hand.
My first idea for the water lily was several nested layers of petals like this:
But, for some reason I felt like I wanted something a little more abstract. Inspired by this project, I decided to try attaching several bowls together to create more of an essence of a water lily (including a green lily pad).
Stacked and ready to roll…
… and came to the conclusion, that this wasn’t going to work. Too many layers, and the thickness of the resists kept the pieces from attaching together. Plan B ! I’m making each bowl separately and will attach them afterwards.
I really need to get back to this, but now it’s December and that means holiday craziness. I can hope …